Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spicy Shrimp & Broccoli.

I found a recipe for Spicy Shrimp & Broccoli online. 
It looked yummy and I wanted to try it at home. 
The site is listed at the bottom of this post.
Shrimp is my favorite Protein and I am proud! 
I am always looking for new ways to cook Shrimp. 


I always tell people Not to do this but I'm going to do it anyway… 
I am not in love with this set of pictures but I really wanted to post them. I am working on finding the best lighting in my kitchen, and well, finding the best lighting anywhere in and around my apartment. I don't always cook when there is still nice natural light, so I am in the process of figuring out the best alternative. I white balanced in my kitchen but was still not satisfied. It's a work in progress…


The recipe is simple & yummy. It calls for Shrimp, Broccoli, Cumin, Coriander, 
Chili Flakes, Salt & Pepper, Olive Oil and a Lemon.
I baked the Broccoli for 20 min on 450˚ and it was nicely browned.
The shrimp is baked for 10 minutes with a flip half way.


I had never baked shrimp until this recipe. 
I prefer shrimp a little on the firmer side so now I know, 10 min at 450˚done!


I was satisfied with this dish but I have to say that I think I squeezed too much 
Lemon Juice on it which kind of ruined it for me. The Lemon Zest that was 
mixed with the Shrimp added a perfect amount of Lemon flavor. 
The recipe that I read says that the Lemon Juice is a must, 
but I could have done without it :)



Overall, Yum. 
Healthy and Tastey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive