Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shrimp Fajitas

I'm really enjoying this whole Blog thing... I am loving taking pictures, editing them, posting them, I learn something new every day. It's really challenging and fun!
I got take out from Mexico City on Hillhurst and I ordered Shrimp Fajitas to go...
The shrimp didn't have much flavor.... For me that wasn't too much of an issue because shrimp is my favorite protein. 

Side note: I still don't really understand why shrimp is Ever served with the tail on. It's one thing if you are eating with your hands and peeling the whole shrimp (Baltimore style, mmm Old Bay Seasoning!) but say, for example, you're in a fancy Italian restaurant and your fancy pasta dish has fancy shrimp in it.... I think it's really annoying to have to cut the tail off. It's not the classiest thing in the world to pick up the shrimp by the tail, take a bite, discard the tail and lick your fingers... so naturally that's what I want to do!! haha, but I wouldn't have to think about it if Shrimp wasn't served with the tail on! Some people argue that it looks nicer with the tail... nah you can keep it!

I brought my fajitas home excited to take pictures... But first I had to take the food out of separate containers (there were a bunch!) and arrange it as best I could for a photograph. I'm pretty pleased with how easily I plated it. I think I learned a thing or two from waitressing! Then I was sort of struggling for good lighting because there was no where in my apartment with nice natural light. I went to my back yard which was better, but I still had to add a little bounce to try and grab some more light. I'm not in love with this round of photos, just in like.

So back to the food... the fajita part wasn't too flavorful. The guacamole and salsas saved it. It also wasn't hot by the time I ate it, but that was my fault considering I took the time to take pictures. The flour tortillas were a little thick for my taste, but hey, at least I had the option of flour instead of corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive