Monday, May 2, 2011

Breakfast



I was in Australia for my friend Jessica's wedding a couple of years back and I had the most delicious breakfast ever.  My friends and I have been trying to recreate it ever since!

It was basically the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had!   I think the bread was the best part, but that's the one ingredient that none of my friends can pinpoint!  I remember a square-shaped, lavash-type bread but thicker, slash pizza dough-type bread, but thinner….  On top of that was ham (thinly sliced, not Canadian bacon), then cheese, poached eggs, avocado and hollandaise.

Here's my version… I'll toast a piece of whole wheat bread, put a slice of cheese on it, fry a slice of ham or turkey next to a sunny side up egg, and top it off with some avocado.  A little a salt & fresh ground pepper, yum!

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun trip! Great start to your blog, Nic!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive